Kerala Chicken Roast is a fablous recipe by Zarnak Sidhwa that I made with a little modification and add yogurt also for a more unique taste and texture. Follow Kerala Chicken Roast Recipe and enjoy with family and guests.
Chicken 1 kg
For the Marination
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar/lemon juice 1 tsp
- Ginger 1″ piece
- Garlic cloves 5
- Green chillies 3-5
- Salt to taste
- Tomato 1 large
- Onions 3 medium (sliced)
- Green chillies (slit) 2
- Curry leaves 3 sprigs
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Oil as required
- Make a paste of all the ingredients under marination.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with this paste and keep aside for an hour.
- To make tomato paste, blanch tomato (boil in water), remove the skin and blend tomato.
- Fry onion in hot oil. Drain them & keep aside.
- Fry the chicken pieces in the same oil until almost done. Keep the pan covered so that the chicken is not browned, but is cooked inside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in another pan, add slit green chillies and curry leaves. Sauté for a minute. Add the tomato paste to this and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add yogurt and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the prepared chicken & roast until it is dry. Make sure that all the chicken pieces are well coated with the masala.
- Sprinkle garam masala & pepper powder & mix well. Add lemon juice and mix well. Check for salt. Add a little if needed. Now add the fried onions and mix well.