Chicken Karahi is a popular dish across the globe and you must find it in Pakistani Restaurants. The name drives from the cooking pot “karahi” (wok) in which meat is cooked. Tomato and other simple ingredients are used in cooking. Chicken karahi is served with tandooti roti and zeera raita.
Smoky aroma in food gives it a lip smacking taste. Koyla Karahi Recipe is a variation in chicken karahi. The cooking method is as simple as most of Pakistani Food Recipes have. Use of special karahi masala enhances the taste of dish.
Koyla Chicken Karahi Recipe is a tired and tested dish by Diya Ansari. Must try it, you will love the taste. Check out how to get smoky taste in food.
Homemade Koyla Chicken Karahi Recipe
- Chicken 1 kg
- Tomatoes ½ kg (chopped)
- Ginger, garlic 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilies 8-10
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Fresh crushed black pepper 1 tsp
- Special karahi masala 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Ghee/oil ½ cup
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Julian ginger
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
- Crushed red chili 1 tbsp
- Qasoor methi 1 tsp
- Khatai powder 1 tsp
- Chaat masala 1 tbsp
- Ajween ¼ tsp
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan and fry chicken on high heat until changes the color.
- Remove chicken from ghee/oil and keep aside.
- In same ghee add finely chopped ginger and garlic; fry them. When it gives aroma add chopped tomato.
- Fry at high flame for 10 minutes, now add turmeric powder, fried chicken, salt and ¼ cup water.
- Cover and cook at medium flame. After 15 minutes, increase the flame to high and fry chicken.
- Now add crushed black pepper, karahi masala, garam masala powder and cook nicely until ghee separates.
- Add lemon juice, green chilies and Julian ginger.
- Give it coal smoke for 5 minutes. Dish out and serve with roti/naan and raita.
- Dry roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, crushed red chili, and qasoori methi.
- Grind all dry roast spices with remaining spices.