If you are looking a new recipe of rice rather then traditional biryani and palao than Lebanese Chicken Pulao would be a best selection for you. Must try combination of rice, chicken, currant with delicate aroma of lemon zest and parsley. A best recipe by Zarnak Sidhwa.
- Chicken stock cubes 2
- Olive oil 1/4 cup
- Onions (halved, thinly sliced) 2
- Rice 1-1/4 cups
- Red lentils 1/4 cup
- Ground cumin 2 tsp
- Ground cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- Zested lemon 1
- Chicken 1 kg
- Currants 2 tbsp
- Lemon 1
- Parsley leaves 1 cup
- Dissolve stock cubes in 2 cups water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil. Cook the onion until soft and starts to brown. Stir in rice, lentils, half the cumin, half the cinnamon and half the lemon zest for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock according to rice requirement (leave the remaining). Bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook until rice is done.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken and remaining cinnamon and cumin in a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat remaining oil. Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Stir in the currants and remaining stock. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until chicken is cooked through. Add lemon juice and 3/4 cups parsley and mix gently.
- Set rice in a serving platter, top with chicken, parsley and remaining lemon zest.