Mexican rice is one of simple and best rice recipe that you can serve with gravy. Cooking in tomato and onion puree with stock makes it delicious.
Mexican Rice Recipe
- Tomato 4 (peeled)
- Onion 1 medium
- Chicken stock 1 1/2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Cooking oil 1/3 cup
- Rice 1 cup
- Green chili 2
- Cilantro or green coriander ¼ cup (chopped)
- Lemon 2
- Blend tomato and onion to puree until smooth.
- Add puree in cooking pan along with chicken stock, and salt. Allow boiling over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In meanwhile heat oil in another pan, sauté cumin powder and green chilies then quickly pour boiling stock.
- Add rice and partially cover and cook until rice 80% cooked.
- Simmer on low heat for 8-10 minutes. Then sprinkle cilantro or green coriander and lemon juice.
- Toss gently and serve with Chicken Majestic or some other gravy.