This is a vegetarian version of the rice recipe. Mughlai Rice is delicious to eat with nuts. A tempting recipe by Chef Zakir, don’t forget to try this rice recipe.
Mughlai Rice Recipe
Author: Chef Zakir Qureshi
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- Rice ½ kg (soaked in water)
- Onion 2 medium (thinly sliced)
- Sabet garam masala 2 tbsp
- Green chilies 3 (slit)
- Raisins kishmish 50g (soaked in water)
- Almond 50 g
- Pistachio 50 g
- Dry apricot 100 g
- Plum 100 g
- Nutmeg powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee ½ cup
- Boil almond in water, drain water and add cold water in almond. Remove the skin of almond.
- Fry onion in ghee when turn to soft add sabet garam masala, green chilies, almond, pistachio, raisins, dry apricot, nutmeg powder, plum, and then stir in rice.
- Add 1 and ¼ cup of water in rice along with salt and cook (check salt).
- Cook till water dry and bubble arise. Simmer the rice for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve alone or with gravy.
Check out an outstanding recipe KFC Hot Shots & Hot and Spicy Rice