I have tried many Mutton Karahi Recipes and finally found this one best in taste. My cousin shared recipe with me; her hubby cook mutton karahi in this way :D. I have used four onion in karahi because our family like masala, you can reduce onion according to your preference.
Masala Mutton Karahi Recipe
- Mutton 1 kg
- Onion 4 medium (sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Ghee ½ cup
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Dry coriander powder 1 tsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Tomato 2 (chopped)
- Green chilies 6-8
- Ginger 1 medium piece (Julian)
- Green coriander ½ bunch (chopped)
- Put mutton, onion (reserve less then half onion), ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric and salt in cooking pan.
- Add 1 glass water, cover and cook until water evaporates and meat almost tender.
- Heat ghee in frying pan and golden brown onion then add cumin powder and dry coriander powder. Stir and immediately pour ghee in cooked mutton.
- Now add yogurt, tomato, green chilies, ginger and green coriander in meat in 3 badges and stir fry after each badge.
- Stir fry until ghee comes on top. Garnish with green chilies, ginger and green coriander.
- Serve with hot naan or tandooti roti with zeera raita and salad.