Nando’s Peri Bites is an exciting flavor of green chilies stuffed with small chunks of chicken and cheese filling. This is a nice addition as side dish in your party.
Also Check Other: Ramadan Recipes
Nando’s Peri Bites
Nando’s Peri Bites
Recipe type: Side Dish
- Chicken breast ½
- Peri-peri sauce 2 tsp (hot or wild flavor)
- Cooking oil ½ tsp
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Grated cheese 2 tbsp (cheddar or mozzarella or one tbsp each)
- Mayonnaise 1 tbsp
- Green chilies 8-10 (approx. 3 inches in length)
- Egg white 1
- Flour 2 tsp
- Salt 1 pinch
- Pepper 1 pinch
- Bread crumbs 1 cup (for coating)
- Milk 1 cup (for coating)
- A piping bag with the long nozzle (thin opening) or a sterile syringe (with the needle removed)
- Take the chicken breast and cut it into small ½ inch pieces.
- Put cooking oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and the peri-peri sauce, and cook until the chicken is tender (approx. 80% cooked).
- In another sauce pan, heat the milk and add the cheese to it; when the texture is nice and smooth, let it sit till it reaches room temperature.
- Mix in the mayonnaise to the cheese sauce and fill it up in the piping bag or syringe.
- Using a knife, carefully make a cut perpendicular to the base of the chilies, 1 to 1.5 cm in length; remove the seeds with caution without tearing the chili surface.
- Insert one chicken chunk into each chili followed by a small quantity of the cheese sauce using a piping bag or syringe.
- Keep these chilies in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Now mix the egg white in a separate bowl and pour it on top of the chilies; also mix in the flour, salt and pepper into the mix and coat all the chilies evenly.
- Roll each chili in bread crumbs, followed by a dip in the milk and back into the bread crumbs for a nice, thick coat.
- Once all chilies are done, put them in the freezer for another 15 minutes so that the coating can settle properly.
- Deep fry in very hot oil until they have a nice golden coat.
- Serve immediately with peri-peri sauce, tomato ketchup or mayonnaise.
Recipe adopted from Nando’s Peri Bites