Paye is one of the popular Pakistani Food recipes that is served in breakfast but also go delicious in lunch and dinner.
This is tried and tested desi mutton paya recipe or trotters curry with a perfect mouthwatering taste. If you cook it for 4-6 hours in a pan/clay pot then you will get a lip-smacking taste.
You can also make beef paye in this recipe just to increase the quantity of water while cooking.
Also, check another traditional breakfast recipe Anda Chana
Mutton Paya Recipe Pakistani
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours 10 mins
- Paye (goat trotters) 4
- Ghee 1 cup
- Onion 3 large (sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste 4 tea spoons
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 2 tea spoons
- Turmeric powder 1 tea spoon
- Garam masala powder 2 tea spoons
- Water as required
Interested in Sewing Machines? Visit SewingEmpire.com
- Take a clay pot or wide cooking pan, heat ghee and golden brown onion in it.
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and stir. Put mixture into blander and blend the mixture.
- Now put ground masala again in pot, pour enough water which leave sufficient gravy after tendering trotters.
- Add trotters, cover and cook over high flame for 2-3 minutes then low the flame. Cook 4-6 hours or until trotters tender and desired gravy left.
- Mix garam masala powder in ¼ cup water and pour into gravy. Mix gently.
- Serve hot with naan.