Peanut Chikki or Peanut Brittle is a healthy, delicious and crunchy treat that you can eat as snack. This is great in winter season. For a twisted taste you can add other nuts like pistachio and almond too in it.
Easy Peanut Chikki Recipe
Recipe Type: Snack
- Peanut 1 cup
- Jaggery (gur) 3/4 cup (grated or finely chopped)
- Clarified Butter/ghee 1 tbsp
- Clarified Butter/ghee/oil for greasing
- Grease a flat stainless steal plate and spoon.
- Roast peanut in heavy bottom pan for 5-6 minutes. Let it cool and remove skin.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan over low flame. Add jaggery and stir continuously on low flame until jaggery melts and thick. (For checking thick consistency of jaggery, drop a small amount of jaggery in water if it turns into a solid drop and sits at the bottom of bowl, then it is cooked otherwise cook it for some more time.
- Turn off flame and add peanut, mix until peanut coated with jaggery.
- Pour mixture over greased plate and flat the surface with greased spoon. Keep it thick around 1/3-inch.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Note: Replace jaggery with 1 cup sugar and follow the rest recipe.