Peri Peri Chicken Cutlets! I got this recipe from a web while browsing Piri piri recipes. I tried this and also found a variation in chicken cutlet recipes indeed a new way to make something tantalizing with piri piri sauce.
Peri Peri Chicken Cutlets
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Chicken breasts 2 (cut horizontally into ½-inch thick fillets)
- Peri peri sauce 5 tbsp (divided)
- All-purpose flour 1½ cup
- Bread crumbs 1½ cup
- Eggs 2
- Milk 3 tbsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Cream cheese 2 tbsp
- Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- Cheese 4-5 slices (alternatively, you can go for a shredded mozzarella)
- Oil for shallow frying
- Put the chicken fillets along with 3 tablespoons of peri-peri sauce into a bowl and mix well, ensuring that each piece is coated perfectly.
- Set it up in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours to marinate; this step can be reduced to half-an-hour too but two to three hours gives the best results (taste-wise).
- Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl to make an egg-wash.
- Take two plates and fill one with flour (add salt and pepper as seasoning to the flour) and the other with the bread crumbs.
- Take a piece of chicken and coat it with the flour; ensure to coat properly and remove any excess.
- Next, dip the chicken into the egg-wash; ensure to coat properly and remove any excess.
- Finally, take the egg-washed chicken and drop it into the crumbs; ensure to coat properly and remove any excess.
- Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 till all pieces have been coated properly.
- Set it aside for 15 minutes to air-dry
- Shallow fry chicken on slow flame until tender about 4-5 minutes from each side.
- As soon as you take the chicken cutlet out of the pan, add a slice of cheese (or the shredded cheese) on top to allow it to melt.
- In a separate bowl, mix two tablespoons of peri-peri sauce with cream cheese and mayonnaise to make the sauce; add some milk if you want to adjust the consistency.
- Spread some sauce at the base of a plate and put the chicken cutlet on top.
- Serve immediately.