I got Chana Masala Recipe in Dalda ka Daster Khawan magazine. I made it a few days back, very easy and simple with a blend of simple spices, it has a satisfactory taste. You need boiled chickpeas and add them to a mixture of chopped onion, tomato, and spices.
Peshawari Chana Masala goes great with roti, paratha along with yogurt raita.
Easy Chana Masala
- Chickpeas 2 cups
- Oil 3-4 tbsp
- Whole garam masala 1 tbsp
- Onion 1 medium (chopped)
- Pomegranate seeds 2 tbsp (roasted and crushed)
- Tomato 3 (chopped)
- Ground ginger 1 tbsp
- Green chilies 2-3 (sliced)
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- White cumin 1 tbsp (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- Green coriander as required (chopped)
- Boil the chickpeas in salted water. Drain water and keep aside chickpeas.
- Warm oil in pan and sizzle whole garam masala. Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add crushed pomegranate seeds and fry until onion turns to light brown.
- Now stir in tomato, ginger and green chilies for a minute then add red chili powder, coriander powder and cumin.
- Add a splash of water and cook until tomato gets soften and oil comes on top.
- Mix in boiled chickpeas and salt. Simmer on slow heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle green coriander and serve with paratha or roti.