Pistachio Pudding is a delicious dessert to serve family and guests. Pistachio Pudding is full of flavor and easy to make.
- Salted pistachios 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (shelled and chopped)
- Granulated sugar 1/4 cup
- Water 1 tbsp
- Milk 1 cup
- Egg yolk 1
- Cornstarch 1 tbsp
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- In a food processor, grind up 1/4 cup pistachios until they are in tiny pieces. Add 2 tbsp sugar and water then grind until forms a paste.
- Scrape the paste into a medium saucepan then add the milk. Heat until hot and it starts to steam, whisking often.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the remaining 2 tbsp sugar, egg yolk, cornstarch, and salt. Add a little bit of the hot milk, whisking constantly. Pour the entire yolk mixture into the saucepan.
- Continue cooking the mixture until thick and bubbly, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and whisk in vanilla and butter. Whisk until the butter has melted.
- Divide the pudding between two ramekins, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 4 hours. When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream and remaining 2 tbsp pistachios.