This is a very interesting dessert. My mother in law made this and showed me. It’s quite popular in Syria and Lebanon. Qudraat Qadir(by Gods will) describes a dessert where creme caramel and cake batter are combined and “by Gods will” separate in the oven. A tempting dessert by Sabine Agha.
Check this video for better understanding.
Qudraat Qadir Flan Cake Recipe
- Sugar 2/3 cup (melted until an amber color)
- Eggs 3 large
- Vanilla essence 2 tsp
- Sugar 1 1/4 cups
- Cold water 2 cups
- Milk powder 2 cups
- Eggs 3 large
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Water 1/2 cup
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Sifted flour 1 cup
- Baking powder 3 tsp
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour melted sugar into cake pan allow to harden.
- Beat all pudding ingredients with [easyazon_link identifier=”B007VZ7WXA” locale=”US” tag=”recipes27-20 “]electric beater[/easyazon_link] and pour into the pan.
- Combine cake ingredients and pour over the pudding mixture. Don’t worry it will not mix up!
- Place in a water bath and bake on 350 for 45 minutes or until you touch the cake and it springs back.
- Remove and cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Run a knife around the pan and flip out.
- This cake recipe is a go to. You can bake it by itself, split in half after it’s baked and pour any type of liquid into it. It will soft and delicious.
- Also u can add 4 oz of cream cheese to the crime caramel and it will add a nice cheesecake texture to the dessert.
- Water bath, is a technique to create steam within the oven to make flans and custards.
- Place your cake pan inside a bigger pan and pour water 2/3 the way up.
- Before pouring the water place both pans in the oven then pour the water in for ease.
Image and Recipe Courtesy by Sabine Agha.