This is a very scrumptious and easy to make Raan Roast Recipe. I have tried this recipe many times. Good marination timing and cooking in the pan allow the masala to go deep inside.
Allow marination for overnight and delicious lamb leg roast will ready for serving.
Raan Recipe Pakistani by Shireen Anwar
Prep time: 8 hours
Cook time: 2 hours
Total time: 10 hours
- Mutton leg 1 ½ kg
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Papaya paste 4 tsp (heaped)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Salt 1 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Coriander seeds 1 tbsp (ground)
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Black paper whole 1 tsp
- Chili powder 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Oil ½ cup
- Prick mutton leg and keep aside.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and whole black pepper. When aroma arises, take off from flame and make powder in a grinder.
- Take a mixing bowl, add yogurt, papaya paste, ginger garlic paste, salt, ground spices, chili powder, and garam masala. Mix everything. (At this point you can check the seasoning and adjust according to your taste).
- Coat mutton raan with marination and leave for overnight in the fridge.
- Nest day heat oil in a large pan, add mutton leg in it, and fry from both sides about 5 minutes.
- Now add 2-3 glasses of water, cover, and cook on high flame for 5 minutes until start cooking.
- Now reduce the flame and cook until tender.
- Flip the side in intervals so it does not stick with the pan.
- When ready serve hot with your favorite dip.