Savory Chicken Cake, sounds strange! It is a different kind of cake when you want to inspire others. I got this cake from a recipe contest where it got first prize I liked this layered cold cake much that inspired me to make it, then I tried at home, the end result was superb. Everyone praise this. This bread cold cake recipe makes a delicious breakfast or brunch to serve to family and friends. You can make this as birthday cake too with other cake. A perfect cake idea for your kids. Enjoy this easy home recipe of healthy chicken cake.
If you don’t have bread loaf then substitute with bun. For a small portion or individual serving use regular bread slices after cutting edge. But remember, in this way it may need some extra quantity of ingredients.
Savory Chicken Cake
- Bread loaf 1
- Chicken 1 cup (boiled)
- Yogurt 1 kg
- Eggs 3 (boiled)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper ¼ tsp (crushed)
- Black pepper powder ¼ tsp
- Mayonnaise 1 cup
- Cream ½ cup
- Ketchup 3 tbsp
- Green dip 3 tbsp
- Cucumber 1 (sliced)
- Boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes and coriander leaves
- Pour yogurt in muslin cloth, tie and hang to drain. Let it drain over night or 4-5 hours.
- Place the drained cream cheese in a bowl. Season with ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Mix 4 tbsp cream in yogurt. Set aside.
- Add salt, crushed black pepper, 3 tbsp mayonnaise and 2 tbsp cream in chicken. Mix well and keep in fridge.
- Mash boiled eggs with hand and mix 2 tbsp mayonnaise.
- Cut the crusts off the loaf and slice bread lengthwise in 3 layers.
- Put the first layer on a dish. Apply mayonnaise over layer followed by green dip and chicken.
- Press the second layer down. Cover with cucumber and mashed eggs. Spread ketchup.
- Press the top layer down.
- Now cover all sides of bread slices with yogurt cheese.
- Decorate with cherry tomatoes, boiled eggs, cucumber slices and coriander leaves.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.