You can’t beat the taste of Restaurant Style Butter Chicken Recipe. Marination in spices, creamy and rich texture makes it delish. You can serve this family-friendly meal to up to 4 persons with naan or plain rice.
Also Check Other Chicken Recipes
Restaurant Style Butter Chicken
For Chicken Marinade
- 500g boneless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Tandoori Masala Powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- Few drops lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (approximated)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp mango powder (Amchur)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- A pinch of ground fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Add chicken and marinade ingredients to a bowl and mix well until all ingredients are well-combined
- Cover with cling film and store in fridge for at least an hour (more is better).
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and add cumin seeds and fry for one minute.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic then fry until the onion turns golden brown (5-6 minutes).
- Remove onion from butter then puree.
- Add tomatoes to the saucepan and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove sauteed tomatoes and puree.
- Add vegetable oil to saucepan and turn to high heat.
- When hot, add bay leaves, cardamom and cloves and fry for one minute.
- Add chicken and marinade and fry for 5-6 minutes until it turns white.
- Add onion and tomato purees along with tomato paste to the saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat until chicken is tender and fully cooked. Remove whole spices from saucepan.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, mango powder, brown sugar and ground cinnamon. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add Kasoori methi, garam masala and black pepper. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Naan or freshly cooked Basmati Rice