Shahi Tukray is a traditional dessert that is made with fried bread and milk. Follow recipe by Shireen Anwer for making a great dessert.
- Milk 1 kg
- Sugar 2 tbsp or to taste
- Saffron 1/4 tsp
- Bread 4 slices
- Oil for frying
- Almonds, pistachios for garnish
- Cardamom for garnish
- Cook milk until thick.
- Mix sugar and saffron in milk. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the corners of the bread slices and cut into triangular shape. One slice will make 2 triangles
- Now heat oil in frying pan and fry bread until brown, decorate in plate and pour thick milk on bread.
- Garnish with almonds, pistachios and cardamom.
- Let it cool and serve.
2 thoughts on “Shahi Tukray”
How many servings in this? It says 4 slices cut in half so is it one piece per person? Sorry I’ve never made this so I don’t know how the serving works
Yes one piece.