Haleem is a famous and traditional food in Pakistan. A few years back people consider it difficult to make it at home difficult, but now this concept is changed. Chef Gulzar Hussain is giving an easy way to make delicious and Special Haleem without any tension.
Special Haleem Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 mins
- ½ kg Chicken
- 125 gm Yogurt
- 50 gm Rice
- 50 gm Yellow lentil
- 50 gm Red lentil
- 50 gm White lentil
- 50 gm Gram lentil
- 50 gm Wheat
- 25 gm Oat
- 2 Onion
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 8 to 10 green chilies
- 2 to 3 tbsp Gulzar special masala
- ½ bunch Green coriander
- ½ bunch Mint
- Lemon as required
- Ginger chopped as required
- 1 cup Oil
- Salt as required
- Brown onion for garnish
Gulzar Special Haleem Masala
- 4 to 5 Cinnamon
- 5 to 6 Clove
- 150 gm Whole red chili
- 1 tsp Nutmeg mace powder
- 1 tbsp Tartaric acid
- 2 tbsp Black cumin
- 2 tbsp Big cardamom
- 2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp White cumin
- 8 tbsp Whole coriander
- Take yellow lentil, red lentil, white lentil, and gram lentil to soak in water for the whole night.
Boil wheat and oat.
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- For gravy, in a pan heat oil and fry onions till it turns golden brown.
- Then add chicken with ginger garlic paste to mix.
- Now add salt, special masala, green chilies, and whisked yogurt. Then add as required water and cook till meat tender.
- When masala dry and chicken tender, gravy is ready.
- In meanwhile when meat is cooking, put all the pulses in a pan with water and rice and cover it to cook till it tender.
- For mixing, in a chopper add pulses mixture and chicken gravy to blend.
- In a big pan add the mixture with water and cook it on low flame and stir it continuously.
- When all mixed together, give bhagar of onion and dish it out.
- Now garnish it with brown onion, ginger chopped, a bunch of green coriander, a bunch of mints, chat masala, and lemon to serve.
For Gulzar Special Haleem Masala
- In a pan add coriander, big cardamom, whole red chili, cloves, and cinnamon to roast.
- Then add white cumin, cumin, turmeric powder, nutmeg powder, and tartaric powder.
- Masala is ready.
- This masala is for 5 kg. Preserve it in an airtight jar.
2 thoughts on “Special Haleem Recipe”
Yupiiiii Lazeez & Delicious thanx for sharing
This is good site for food lovers…..