Combining the flavor of Dil, Gurda, Kaleji, Maghaz; this mouthwatering dish is known as kata kat. It gives a tentlizing taste with tandoori roti and Mint raita.
Kata Kat (Spicy Dil, Gurda, Kaleji, Maghaz)
Spicy Dil, Gurda, Kaleji, Maghaz
Author: Chef Gulzar Hussain
- Bakray ka dil 250 g
- Bakray ki kaleji 250 g
- Bakray k gurday 250 g
- Bakray ka maghaz 1
- Ginger water 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Yogurt 2 cups
- Fresh coriander ½ bunch
- Green chilies 5 to 6
- Clarified butter ½ cup
- Crushed black pepper 1 tsp
- Crushed fenugreek seeds 1 tsp
- Crushed fennel seeds 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Qusoori methi 1 tsp
- Roasted and crushed coriander 1 tbsp
- Roasted and crushed cumin 1 tbsp
- Onion seeds ⅓ tsp
- Red chili flakes 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cut bakray ka dil, bakray ki kaleji and bakray k gurday into small pieces. Soak all in ginger water and put aside for 10 to 15 minutes then wash.
- In a cooking pan, boil bukray ka maghaz with some water and ½ tsp turmeric powder. Remove veins and strain away excess water.
- On a tawa, add pieces of kaleji, gurday and dil with ginger garlic paste and yogurt and cover to allow cooking.
- When dil, kaleji and gurday are tender, crushed black pepper, crushed methi dana, crushed fennel seeds, roasted and crushed coriander, roasted and crushed cumin, onion seeds, red chili flakes, salt to taste, clarified butter and green chilies and sauté.
- When gurday, kaleji and dil are ready, add small pieces of maghaz and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- In the end, add qusori methi and fresh coriander and mix. Spicy dil, gurda, kaleji, maghaz is ready to serve.