Spicy Mutton Leg Steam is a tasty and tender meat recipe. Must try one of great recipe by Chef Zakir.
- 1 boneless mutton leg
- 3 onions (sliced)
- 3 tomatoes (divided in two)
- ½ kg yogurt
- ½ cup papaya paste
- 4 tbsp ginger, garlic paste
- 4-6 green chilies
- ¼ bunch fresh coriander (chopped)
- ¼ bunch mint (chopped)
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp red chili crush
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- ¼ cup oil
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- De bone mutton leg in such a way that meat should be separate from bone but remain one pieces.
- Apply salt and papaya paste on mutton. Keep leg in steamer for 20-25 minutes.
- Cook onion in oil until golden, add ginger, garlic paste and cook.
- When mix all, reduce flame, add tomatoes with little salt, red chili powder, turmeric, crush red chili, cumin powder, garam masala powder and half cup water. Mix all and cook.
- Add green chilies and yogurt. Mix. Cook on medium flame.
- After 7-8 minutes include bones (cut in 4-5 parts) in gravy. (chef zakir added them to increase flavor of gravy)
- Now place steam leg in gravy, Cook on slow flame until cook fully.
- Sprinkle mint and fresh coriander. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place leg in serving dish pour gravy on it and serve hot hot.