Steam Chicken Recipe is a truly mouthwatering recipe. Our family favorite steam chicken whoever eat it he/she must asked but the recipe. Tender and spicy chicken is lips smacking. This is also an excellent diet steamed chicken recipe. Must try one of best recipe.
In this recipe you can use large chicken pieces, drumsticks and leg pieces. I mostly use drumsticks and leg pieces. Share your feedback after trying the recipe.
Steamer is a good option for this recipe, if you don’t have then use a regular cooking pan.
Easy Steam Chicken Recipe
- Chicken 1 kg (large pieces)
- White vinegar ¼ cup
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Tamarind pulp ¼ cup
- Chaat masala 8 tea spoons
- Red chili powder ½ tea spoon
- Garam masla powder 1 tea spoon
- Dry coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Apply vinegar and salt on chicken and set aside for 1 hour. Discard the water.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry chicken pieces in badges over high flame to get a brownish color. (no matter if chicken does not tender. )
- Take tamarind pulp in a bowl, mix chaat masala, red chili powder, hot spice powder, dry coriander powder and salt.
- Coat marination on chicken and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- For steam, in a medium-size pot, place a steamer basket and put enough water into the pot until it is just below the steamer basket. Lay the chicken pieces in a single layer in the bottom of the basket.
- Cover tightly, bring the water to a boil using high heat. Then low down heat and steam chicken 10-12 minutes. Avoid opening the lid to check the chicken, as it will release the steam
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and ketchup.