Cheesy, meaty, and delicious pizza is yummy to eat. For some sort of creativity now people are giving pizza new shapes; same I did ;). Cone Pizza looks impressive and you can customize it with different toppings according to the preferences of family members. My nephew does not like vegetables so I filled his cone only with chicken and cheese.
For a better understanding of how to make cones without a cone mould, I have provided step-by-step instructions with pictures.
Step by Step Best Pizza Cone Recipe
To make pizza cones, draw a large circle on paper with a compass and pencil. Cut the circle out with scissors. Fold the circle in half, then fold in half again. Cut out one-quarter of the paper circle, along the fold lines. This is your pattern.
Now place your paper template on card paper and cut out cones how many you want. Shape each card paper into a cone and secure it with a stapler pin.
Wrap heavy-duty foil around the cones. On a floured surface, roll out the dough in a thin sheet about 1/8″ thickness. To cut dough into a cone shapes. Transfer the paper template to the dough and cut out the shapes of the dough.
Wrap the dough around cones, sealing the edges very well. Repeat the process until all cones are completed.
Stand the dough cones, point up, on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven.
For Pizza Dough
- Plain flour 2 cups
- Dry yeast 1 tea spoon
- Dry milk powder 2 tea spoons
- Sugar 1 tea spoon
- Salt ¼ tea spoon
- Egg 1
- Oil 2 tea spoons
- Warm water as required
For Pizza Sauce
- Oil 4 tea spoons
- Garlic paste ¼ tea spoon
- Onion 1 (boiled and blended)
- Tomato puree ½ cup
- Crushed red chili ½ tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Oregano ¼ tea spoon
- Tomato ketchup 4 tea spoons
- Oil 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Boneless chicken 300 gm (small cubed)
- Crushed red chili 1 tsp
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt 3-4 tsp
- Capsicum 1 (cubed)
- Onion 1 medium (cubed)
- Green chilies 2-3 (sliced)
- Mozzarella cheese ½ packet or as required
- Oregano ¼ tsp
For Pizza Dough
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix in egg and oil, kneed gently to dough with warm water. Cover and rest the dough at warm place for 45 minutes to double it.
- In a frying pan, put oil and heat it up, add garlic and blended onion, sauté for a minute.
- Put chopped tomatoes, crushed red chili, salt, oregano, and tomato ketchup and mix well, put 2-4 tea spoons of water and cook until thick and done. Let it cool.
- Sauté ginger garlic paste in oil.
- Now add chicken. When chicken change the color, add crushed red chili, cumin powder, salt, and yogurt. Cook until chicken done and dry.
- In order to bake the pizza cones they will need to hold upright during baking, for this follow instructions to make cones.
- Draw a large circle on paper with a compass and pencil. Cut the circle out with scissors.
- Fold the circle in half, then fold in half again. Cut out one quarter of the paper circle, along the fold lines. This is your pattern.
- Now place your paper template on a card paper and cut out cones how many you want.
- Shape each card paper into cone and secure it with stapler pin.
- Wrap heavy duty foil around the cones.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough in a thin sheet about 1/8″ thickness.
- To cut dough into cone shape. Transfer the paper template to the dough and cut out the shapes of dough.
- Mold the dough around cones, sealing the edges very well. Repeat the process until all cones are completed.
- Stand the dough cones, point up, on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated oven on 180 degree C for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Pull the cone out of the card and keep aside.
- In a bowl put cooked chicken, pizza sauce (according to your taste), capsicum, onion, green chilies and cheese (1/2 cup reserve the cheese) and mix all.
- Point down cone, in clean steel can. (You can use tip removed drink can)
- Put filling in the cone, top with cheese and sprinkle oregano.
- Put back in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and topping is warm.
- Gently ease each cone from can and wrap the bottom of the cone with butter paper and serve.