Enjoy a delicious Strawberry Lemon Curd Trifle by Zarnak Sidhwa. For readers convenience lemon curd method is also mentioned below.
- Pound Cake 1 (sliced)
- Strawberry sauce 1-1/2 cups
- Strawberries 1 cup (sliced)
- Lemon curd 1-1/2 cups
- Cream 1-1/2 cups
- Caster sugar 2 – 3 tbsp
- Pure vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
- Crushed macaroons 4
For Lemon Curd
- Caster sugar 1 cup
- Unsalted butter ¼ cup
- Lemon juice of 3-4 lemons
- Eggs 3
- Beat cream, caster sugar, and vanilla essence until stiff peaks form.
To assemble: In the bottom of trifle bowl place slices of the
- Pour half of the strawberry sauce over the pound cake.
- Top the strawberry sauce with half of the sliced strawberries. Then pour
half of the lemon curd over the strawberries.
- Top with half of the whipped cream. Repeat the layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight to
allow the flavors to mingle.
- Just before serving sprinkle the top of the trifle with the crushed macaroons.
Lemon Curd Method
- Place sugar, butter, and lemon juice in a bowl on a pan of simmering water and
let cook till butter and sugar are melted.
- Add the eggs, but keep the flame very low and do not let the mixture boil or else it will curdle.
Let cook till thick and done, stirring occasionally. It will take approx
30 minutes to be thick.
- Pour in sterilized jars, when completely cool, use it or refrigerate.