Stuffed Omelette Fried Rice also called Nasi Goreng Pattaya – Sounds different from the name It have. There are different stories about origin of the recipe some says it a thai dish and some believe Nasi Goreng Pattaya originated from Malaysia. I got it from a web site, did a little modification and thought to share on my blog. Hope you will enjoy Stuffed Omelette Fried Rice with your family.
- Boiled rice 2 cups
- Green onion 3 sliced
- Garlic clove 1 (chopped)
- Boneless chicken 200g (cubed)
- Carrot 1/2 cup (diced)
- Boiled peas 1/2 cup
- Ketchup 1 tsp
- Soya sauce 2 tsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Eggs 2 (beaten)
- For Fried Rice: Heat a little oil in pan and saute sliced green onion and garlic until fragrant. Add the chicken and carrots and stir-fry until cooked.
- Add the peas and boiled rice and mix well. Season with soy sauce, ketchup and salt and pepper according to taste. Continue to stir until rice is completely mixed and heated through. Set aside.
- For the Omelette: Lightly beat the eggs and season with a pinch of salt. Heat a pan with a little oil. Pour in eggs and swirl the pan by the handle to make a thin omelette. Let the omelette cook and brown at the bottom.
- Once the omelette is done, place the fried rice in the center of the omelette and spread it accordingly. Fold the edges into an envelope shape, making sure to overlap the parcel a bit. Carefully flip the omelette onto a serving plate. Drizzle ketchup or chili sauce over the top.