Stuffed Omelette Fried Rice also called Nasi Goreng Pattaya – Sounds different from the name It has.
There are different stories about the origin of the recipe some say it a Thai dish and some believe Nasi Goreng Pattaya originated from Malaysia.
I got it from a website, did a little modification, and thought to share it on my blog. Hope you will enjoy Fried Rice stuffed Omelette with your family.
How to Make Stuffed Omelette
- Boiled rice 2 cups
- Green onion 3 sliced
- Garlic clove 1 (chopped)
- Boneless chicken 200g (cubed)
- Carrot 1/2 cup (diced)
- Boiled peas 1/2 cup
- Ketchup 1 tsp
- Soya sauce 2 tsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Eggs 2 (beaten)
For Fried Rice
- Heat a little oil in a pan and saute sliced green onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and carrots and stir-fry until cooked.
- Add the peas and boiled rice and mix well.
- Season with soy sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper according to taste.
- Continue to stir until rice is completely mixed and heated through. Set aside.
For the Omelette
- Lightly beat the eggs and season with a pinch of salt.
- Heat a pan with a little oil. Pour in eggs and swirl the pan by the handle to make a thin omelette.
- Let the omelette cook and brown at the bottom.
- Once the omelette is done, place the fried rice in the center of the omelette and spread it accordingly.
- Fold the edges into an envelope shape, making sure to overlap the parcel a bit.
- Carefully flip the omelette onto a serving plate. Drizzle ketchup or chili sauce over the top.