Are you in mood for bake something fancy? Collect your ingredients and try Stuffed Savory Buns. A very delicious treat for your family especially for kids. Stuffed Savory Buns can be made with a variety of filling according to your family preference. Stuffed Savory Buns goes great in kid’s party, tea time and other occasion.
Stuffed Savoury Buns
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
- Plain flour 2 cups
- Dry yeast 1 tea spoon
- Dry milk powder 2 tea spoons
- Sugar 1 tea spoon
- Salt ¼ tea spoon
- Egg 1
- Oil 2 tea spoons
- Warm water as required
- Chicken 300 g
- Salt ½ tsp or to taste
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp
- Water ½ cup
- Cheese (optional) ½ cup (grated)
- Capsicum ½ cup (chopped)
- Carrot ¼ cup (chopped)
- Onion 1 medium (chopped)
- Chili garlic sauce 2 tbsp
- Tomato 2 (sliced)
- Egg 1 (beaten)
- Sesame seeds for sprinkle
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix in egg and oil, knead gently to dough with warm water. Cover and rest the dough at warm place for 45 minutes to double it. (I place it in sunshine :D)
- Add chicken, salt, red chili powder and water in cooking pan. Cover and cook until chicken half cooked.
- Now add garam masala powder and cook completely. Allow to cool.
- If chicken is with bones then separate it from bones and shred chicken.
- Mix cheese, capsicum, carrot, onion and chili garlic sauce in chicken.
- Preheat oven at 170 degree. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Pinch down the dough and divide in 2 equal parts and roll out both in thin crusts.
- Lay slices of tomatoes all over rolled dough about 2 fingers apart. (I laid round slices of cheese in place of tomato). Place a spoon full of filling on tomato slices, gently place the top crust over the top. Seal all the way around.
- Take a drinking glass and gently cut out each bump of tomato. Make sure each round is sealed or Use a little egg well beaten to ensure seal. (I didn’t use egg)
- Brush each round with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Place stuffed bun on baking tray and bake 12-15 minutes at 170 degree.
- If the top layer will not get a golden color then on the top grill of oven for 3-4 minutes or until get a golden top layer.
- Serve warm.
- If you find above method difficult then follow these step by step pictures.