Tamatar Ka Kut
Let try Hyderabadi Cuisine in your kitchen. Tamatar Ka Kut is very easy recipe, it goes great with chappati and paratha.
Recipe type: Main Course
- Tomato 6 (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tbsp
- Nigella seed (Kalaunji) ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder ¼ tbsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Besan (gram flour)2 tbsp
- Green chilies 2 (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Eggs boiled 2 (halved)
- Coriander leaves and mint for garnishing
For Seasoning (Baghar)
- Oil 6 tbsp
- Cumin seeds 2 tbsp
- Black mustard seeds 2 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves 2
- Dried Red/Green chilies 2
- Curry Leaves 6-8
- Cook tomatoes in a cooking pan at medium heat with 1 cup of water about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool then blend to make puree.
- Meanwhile, take a non stick frying pan and dry roast cumin seeds, mustard seeds and nigella seeds and fenugreek seeds one by one separately for 1 minute-or till slightly darker in colour.
- Grind dry roast masala in powder and keep aside.
- Then in a non- stick saucepan add the tomato puree, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice, roasted ground masala, cook it for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl add besan powder and make paste by adding small amount of water. Add besan paste into tomato puree and keep stirring.
- Then add green chili, salt to taste; cook on low heat until thicken.
- In a saucepan add oil and warm it. Add cumin seeds, black mustard seeds, after few seconds add garlic cloves, dried red /green chillies, curry leaves stir for few seconds /until the seeds crackle.
- Pour beghar (seasoning) over tomato kut. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander, mint and halved boiled egg.
- Then pour the Baghar over the kut and
- let it cook for 5 minutes & remove from the heat.
- Garnish with coriander,mint and Boiled Eggs.