Tandoori Qeema is one of delightful dish made with marinade mince. Smoke of coal enhance the taste. I just love it. This is a perfect dish to serve guests with boiled eggs.
Tandoori Qeema Recipe
- Mince ½ kg
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Tomato 2 (sliced)
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Crushed red chili ½ tsp (optional)
- Turmeric ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Dry coriander powder ½ tsp
- Green chilies 4 (chopped)
- Oil ½ cup
- Onion 2 (sliced)
- Green chili, ginger and green coriander for garnish
- Coal for smoke
- Put mince, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, tomato, salt, red chili powder, crushed red chili, turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder and green chili in a bowl. Mix everything and leave for marinade about 2 hours (or depends on time you have).
- Heat oil in cooking pan and fry onion until soft and lightly pink.
- Add marinade mince, cook for 2-3 minutes. Cover and cook until mince tender (add water if required).
- When water dries and oil comes on top. Turn off the fire. Keep a piece of foil/bread on mince and place a burnt coal on it, drop oil; immediately cover for about 10 minutes. *See note.
- Discard foil and coal. Garnish with green chili, ginger and green coriander; serve with paratha, roti or naan.
How to burn the coal: Place a coal on stove fire for 8-10 minutes then use it for smoke.