I just love caramel :D, that’s why the recipe name instantly caught my attention. Toffee Custard With Walnut Praline is just amazing with a delightful taste. This is a tried and tested recipe by my friend Shazia Babar.
Toffee Custard With Walnut Praline
- For Toffee Custard
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Milk boiled 1/2 liter
- Milk chilled 1/4 cup
- Vanilla custard powder 4 tbsp
- Brown sugar 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
- For Walnut Praline
- Walnuts 3-4 tbsp
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Butter 1 tbsp
For the Praline
- In a pan, add in the sugar and caramelize it on low flame stirring often.
- Once it caramelizes, add in the butter and walnuts. Stir well, transfer the mix to greased plate, and let it cool.
- Once it is cooled, take it out from plate and then crush the praline disc to small chunks consistency.
For Toffee Custard
- Melt butter in a pan on low heat, add brown sugar till it melts and bubbles.
- Add boiled milk (be very careful at this stage) and stir till sugar melt and combine properly with milk.
- (At this stage check the sweetness if you want sweeter, then add normal white sugar and mix until you get desired sweetness.)
- In cold milk dissolve custard powder, add this custard mixture in hot milk and stir till thick.
- Turn off the flame and add vanilla essence.
- Pour the custard in individual glasses or in a serving bowl.
- Let it cool at room temperature (always cover the bowl or glasses with cling film or foil, if u don’t want a thick layer formed on top of custard).
- If you want, add a layer of whipped cream on top of the custard and sprinkle the walnut praline and chocolate shavings on top.