Indulge your taste buds in the tantalizing flavors of the mouthwatering Adana Kebab recipe.
Named after the vibrant Turkish city of Adana, this traditional dish promises to take you on a culinary journey through the exotic spices and tender grilled meat that have made kebabs a global sensation.
Whether you’re hosting a barbecue party or craving a restaurant-quality meal at home, this recipe will surely become a favorite among family and friends.
So, grab your apron, and let’s get ready to cook up some smoky magic!
Turkish Adana Kebabs
Recipe Type: Main Course
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- Lamb/beef mince 500g
- Red capsicum 1
- Brown onion 1
- Garlic 4-5 cloves
- Butter 4 tsp
- Red chili flakes 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Boil rice for serving
- Onion 1 (sliced)
- Tomato 1 (cubed)
- Cucumber 1 (cubed)
- Lemon juice 1 tsp
- Yogurt 1 cup (beaten)
- Mint chutney 1/2 tsp
- Place capsicums, onions, garlic, butter, and other spices into a blender and blend to make a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl mix together mince with spice paste. Allow to marinate for 4-6 hours or overnight. (Overnight is good for a more delicious taste)
- Divide the mixture into equal parts and put on a skewer.
- Cook over hot coals for 4-5 minutes per side or until done, turning frequently. You can also broil in the oven or cook on a grill pan.
- Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine yogurt and mint chutney.
- You can serve all things separately or put Adana Kebab on the bed of rice, placing salad on one side on a platter along with the dip.