My friend shared a Turkish Chicken Kebab Recipe with me that she learned from a Turkish family. Turkey is the origin of these kababs. So, this is the most authentic recipe you can get.
Because leg and thigh boneless chicken is juicy and tender, I recommend it for this recipe. Alternatively, you can use chest boneless.
Homemade Turkish Chicken Kebab
- Boneless chicken 1 kg (thigh+leg)
- Thick yogurt 4 tbsp
- Tomato ketwchup 1 tsp
- Paprika powder 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Red chili flakes 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Cut the chicken pieces into 1.5 inch pieces.
- Mix together all marination ingredients in a bowl.
- Add chicken pieces into marination and mix well.
- Keep aside and marinate for at least 4 hours. (In summer keep it in the refrigerator)
- Using skewers, place 8-10 chicken pieces per skewer. If you are using a wooden skewer then you can put 4-6 pieces too.
- Grease cooking pan or tawa with 1 tbsp oil, put 2-4 skewers according to space.
- Cook for both sides by flipping it until tender.
- Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes.
- Grease the oven tray and set skewers on it.
- Bake it for 10-15 minutes. Flip it after halftime.
- Set the skewers on a heated grill and grill for 5 minutes.
- Flip skewer and grill from the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Apply oil and flip, grill for a few minutes or until cook.
Note: At the end of each cooking process, apply the remaining marination over the chicken and cook for a few seconds. It will make the chicken juicy and shiny.