Turkish Trifle is a mouth-watering, rich and sweet dessert that has been enjoyed since the 16th century.
It’s different from other trifles because of its inclusion of marshmallows in addition to chocolate brownies!
Give this dish a try for your next special occasion or just when you’re feeling fancy – it will not disappoint!
Check Some Other Amazing Dessert Recipes
Turkish Trifle Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- Marshmallow 2 cubes
- Milk 3 cups
- Vanilla custard powder 2 tbsp (mixed in little milk)
- Sugar ½ cup
- Chocolate brownies 100g
- Strawberry or cherry 200g
- Orange juice or lemon juice 4 tbsp
- Fresh cream 1 cup (whipped)
- Cut marshmallow into small pieces. Put them in microwave safe bowl, add 4-6 tbsp water and microwave for 1 minute. Stir once in between.
- Boil the milk, when it starts boiling add sugar and cook until sugar dissolve then add custard powder mixture. Stir continually and cook until it gets a thick consistency.
- Add marshmallow mixture and remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Cut brownies into small pieces and set at the base of serving bowl.
- Add orange juice/lemon juice in strawberry/cherry and slightly mach with fork.
- Spread it over brownies then pour cool custard mixture. Let it cool.
- Spread whipped cream over trifle and serve.