Amritsari Hareesa is a very famous dish of the winter season in Lahore because of its unique taste. I tried many hareesa recipes and finally found this one very similar in taste to the famous shop Amritsari Harissa.
Cracked wheat grains and meat are key ingredients of this recipe. Must try a delicious taste and serve with kebab and ghee tampering. Delicious Hareesa Recipe will surely hit in your family.
Prep time: 6 hours
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 7 hours
- Cracked wheat grain (gandum ka daliya) 250g
- Ghee ¼ cup
- Onion 1 medium
- Sabat garam masala 1 tbsp
- Mutton ½ kg (boneless)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 2-3 tsp
- Yogurt ¼ cup
- Boiled spinach (ground) 4 tbsp
For Mini Kabab
- Beef/chicken mince ½ kg
- Red chili powder 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder ½ teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoons
- Oil for fry
- Ghee 1 cup
- Crushed cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Soak cracked wheat grain (daliya) for 5-6 hours.
- Add 4-5 glasses of water in a large cooking pan and boil cracked wheat grain until soft.
- Grind wheat grain but don’t grind in a paste. It should be roughly ground.
- Heat ghee and fry onion when onion changes color add sabat garam masala and fry until light brown.
- Now add meat and fry until color changes. Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, and yogurt. Stir add sufficient water. Cover and cook on slow heat until meat tender and soft.
- Grind meat.
- Now mix together wheat grain, meat, and spinach. Cook on medium heat until it thickest and color turns to brown.
- Add mini kebab and mix.
- Mix all ingredients of mini kebab in a food processor.
- Make mini finger kebab and shallow fry in hot oil until tender.
- Heat up ghee and sizzle crushed cumin. Pour over hareesa and serve hot.