Shawarma Recipe drives all over the world from Middle East. I remember when I was a kid my uncle who lived in Saudia Arabia often talk about Shawarma (meat, salad and sauces filled in a bread). At that time it was unknown food for all of us. By the time passed one day he found it town and we got interaction with Chicken Shawarma Roll. Now we have so many shops in town which are selling Chicken Shawarma, Chicken Platter Shawarma, Beef Shawarma ; simple or with addition of cheese.
When first time I went to Saudi Arabia I was surprised to see deeply marinated layers of beef, lamb or chicken stacked on a vertical spit. I devoured shawarma from many shops, but the best chicken shawarma wrap was with French Fries along meat, salad and sauces.
In my last visit I found Platter Chicken Shawarma and yes I enjoyed it more than the wrap. So here is the Best Platter Chicken Shawarma Recipe that I have tried many times and I just love it. 😉
Best Platter Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- Pita Bread 4-6
- Chicken fillet 500g
- Yogurt 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice 4 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Red chili flakes 1 tsp
- Tikka masala 1 tsp
- Chili sauce 2 tbsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Cucumber 1
- Green chilies 4-6
- Onion 1 (sliced)
- Vinegar ½ cup
- Salt ¼ tsp
- For Mayonnaise Sauce
- Mayonnaise ½ cup
- Yogurt 2 tbsp
- Red chili sauce 1 tsp
- Mix together yogurt, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, salt, ¾ tsp red chili powder, ¾ tsp red chili flakes and tikka masala.
- Coat chicken fillet in marination and leave for 2 hours.
- Grease the grill pan and grill chicken from both sides.
- Now thinly slice the grilled chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced chicken along remaining red chili powder and red chili flakes. Also add chili sauce and stir for 2 minutes on high heat. (You can skip this step you don’t want spicy shawarma).
- Deseed cucumber and green chilies and cut in strips. Cut onion into thinly slices.
- Put together cucumber, green chilies, onion, vinegar and salt in a bowl and mix gently. Keep in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Mix together sauce ingredients.
- Grease griddle pan and warm the pita bread from both sides and cut into halve.
- Platter Shawarma Serving
- In a platter arrange pitta bread, chicken, salad, mayonnaise sauce and Tahini Sauce like shown in picture and serve warm.
- If you want to make Shawarma Roll then take a pita bread, place chicken followed by salad and both sauces. Roll pitta and secure with butter paper. Serve.