Here is a scrumptious version of Biryani that taste buds must love. Bihari Chicken Boti Biryani has a wonderful and authentic taste.
In this recipe, chicken is cooked during dum (simmering) and that thing creates a distinct taste.
Try out Bihari Chicken Boti Biryani and serve at special occasions like Eid.
Bihari Chicken Boti Biryani
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 2 hours 45 mins
- Chicken 1 kg (20 pieces)
- Rice 750 gm (boiled with 1 tbsp salt)
- Brown onion ½ cup
- Oil 1 cup
- Green chilies 6
- Aalu Bukhara 15
- Yogurt 1 ½ cup
- Raw papaya 1 tbsp heaped
- Mint half bunch
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Chili powder 3 tsp heaped
- Mace ¼ tsp (ground)
- Nutmeg ¼ tsp (ground)
- Green cardamom ¼ tsp (ground)
- Turmeric ¼ tsp
- Salt 1 ½ tsp
- Green chilies 6 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Marinate chicken with all the given ingredients except rice. Leave it for 2 hours.
- Put chicken in a pan top with boiled rice and sprinkle half a cup of water.
- Leave it to cook on a high flame for 10 minutes.
- Lower down the flame and cook for 30 minutes until done.
- Give dum of coal for 5 minutes. Mix and serve.