Do you know that celery can help you lose weight and at the same time bring you energy? Even the ancient Greek priestesses knew of the ability of celery to effectively purify and rejuvenate the whole body.
Below we explain how to add this ingredient to your foods, to take advantage of all its properties.
It is proven that 100 grams of celery provide only 16 calories; moreover, this portion is perfect to enrich a delicious salad. Moreover, this quantity contains 1.6 grams of fiber, which favors the detoxification of the body.
The celery also provides magnesium and potassium, two minerals that stimulate the urinary system and eliminate the excess liquid.
3 Celery Juice Recipes For Weight Loss
Let’s talk about how to prepare this healing drink to get the maximum benefit?
1. Celery Ginger Juice Weight Loss
You Will Need
- 1 small bunch of celery (or 1 heart)
- 1 large green apple
- ½ cucumber
- ½ lemon
- 1-inch ginger slice
- Wash and peel the vegetables.
- Cut celery, apple, and cucumber into cubes.
- Process all ingredients alternatively (except lemon) through the juicer. I use bagotte compact juicer for fine quality and healthy juice.
- Discard the pulp.
- Pour the juice in a glass, squeeze lemon juice; mix and drink it immediately.
2. Cucumber and Celery Juice Weight Loss
It is an excellent option for the summer and ideal for deflating and eliminating liquids that accumulate in the legs (especially in the ankles).
You Will Need
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 carrot
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 pears
- Honey for sweetness
- Wash and peel the ingredients.
- Cut them into chunks.
- Put alternatively into the juicer and extract the juice.
- Discard pulp.
- Pour in a glass, add honey and mix well.
- Drink on an empty stomach or in the morning.
3. Celery and Orange Smoothie
It is an excellent recipe for weight loss and should be drunk on an empty stomach in the morning. Our nutritionist recommends drinking it every day for two weeks and then resting for seven days before repeating it.
You Will Need
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 oranges
- A few bay leaves
- Squeeze the oranges.
- Cut celery and chop bay leaves.
- Put everything in the blender and blend until incorporated.
- Drink it the right way.
Remember, regular use of celery juice contributes to the complete purification of the human body from harmful “decay products”, which dig and poison our body.
Note: It is not recommended for women who expect a baby to appear in the third trimester of pregnancy, breastfeeding mothers, older people, and patients with varicose veins.
Can You Make Celery Juice Ahead Of Time?
It is recommended to make fresh celery juice and drink it as you make it. But if you’re rushed in the mornings you can prepare it 24 hours in advance.
Keep it in an air-tight mason jar in the fridge.
Can We Make Celery Juice In A Blender?
Yes, you can make it in a smoothie blender. Keep in mind the blender should be powerful. You need to add a splash of water so all ingredients can mix nicely.
How Long Does Celery Juice Last?
Preferably drink it as you make the celery juice. Otherwise, you can keep it for 24 hours in an air-tight container.
How Much Celery Juice Per Day For Weight Loss?
You don’t need to drink juice, a maximum of 100 g per day. For weight loss, 2-3 tablespoons per day are sufficient. But you need to drink juice regularly 2 or 3 times a day before starting to eat.
How To Make Celery Juice Taste Better?
You can add a few drops of honey or natural vinegar in celery juice to make the taste great.