Chanay Ki Dal Gosht with boiled rice is a very famous Pakistani Food Recipe. In some way, my mother’s Chanay Ki Dal Gosht is popular in our family. 🙂
It has a tremendous taste that no one forgets once eaten. It goes great with boiled rice, roti, and paratha with pickle and fresh vegetables salad. Follow the recipe.
Dal Gosht Recipe Pakistani
- Bengal gram lentil (daal chana)300 gm (soaked)
- Mutton 250 gm or 500 gm
- Onion 2 medium (sliced)
- Tomato 2 medium
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tea spoons
- Green chilies 4-6 (chopped)
- Red chili powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder ½ tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil ½ cup
- Fresh coriander leaves ½ cup
- Green chilies 4 (sliced)
- Garam masala powder/hot spice powder 2 tea spoons
- Water as required
- Put meat, onions, ginger garlic paste, chopped green chilies, tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and water (adjust water quantity according to meat). Cook till meat tender.
- Now add oil and cook till oil becomes separate. (If cooking in pressure cooker allow weight for 10-15 minutes)
- Pour 2-3 glasses water, drain water of bengal gram and put in gravy. Allow boiling over high flame then reduce the heat. Cover and cook till bengal gram soft.
- In pressure cooker, pour 2-3 glasses water, drain water of bengal gram and put in gravy. Close lid of pressure cooker and weight for 10 minutes.
- If your family like mixed bengal gram, mash the splits with spoon. Then add fresh coriander leaves and sliced green chilies. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder/hot spice powder and serve with roti or plain rice.