Maybe many of you wonder by reading this name – Chane, Anda, Kabab Masala is famous street food in Lahore. It is known with different names, but where you go to eat it, you must wait in a queue.
Actually, it is a unique combination of mince kebab, chickpea, and eggs.
It is cooked on a vast griddle (Tawa) by putting one by one butter or desi ghee, eggs, cooked chane, and kebab. Once I saw a person making it in the shop. Now when I start cooking I tried it. It was amazing in taste.
So now I often make it especially when we have leftover chickpea curry. You can also use leftover chickpea curry in it. You will get a guaranteed taste. Serve it with naan and mint yogurt dip.
Also See: Mince Recipes
Chane, Anda, Kabab Masala Recipe
Recipe Type: Main Course
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
- For Chickpeas
- White chickpeas 250 gm
- Salt as required (divided)
- Clarified butter 1/2 cup
- Onions 2 medium
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tea spoons
- Red chili powder 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder ½ tea spoon
- Dry coriander powder ½ tea spoon
- Paprika powder 1 tea spoon)
- Yogurt ¼ cup
- For Mince Kebab
- Mince 250g
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Dry coriander powder ½ tsp
- Oil for fry
- Eggs 4 (beaten)
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Rinse chickpeas with water 2-3 times then soak in lukewarm water for over night. Add baking soda and put a tea bag in water to get a brownish color of chickpeas.
- Next day boil chickpeas in same water with ½ tea spoon salt until soft and messy.
- Fry onion in oil until golden brown. Sauté ginger garlic paste about 2 minutes.
- Now add salt (remember salt is also added before) and other spices with yogurt to cook.
- Include chickpeas in masala and mix nicely. Cook about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Mix all ingredients in mince and make small round kebab.
- Heat oil on tawa or frying pan and fry kebab from both sides until cooked.
- Let them cool then break into small pieces.
- Place chickpeas pan on heat and spread beaten eggs. Don’t stir for 2 minutes then stir until eggs cook; now shift broken mince kebab in it and mix all nicely.
- It should be dry at this stage.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and serve with raita and naan.