Halwa’s are one of best winter treat. It gives energy to the body in winter season. In Pakistan we prepare different types of halwa. Like gajar ka halwa, sojji ka halwa, pethe ka halwa, ande ka halwa and so on.
I saw many ladies posts on facebook groups about Chane ki Daal ka Halwa. Yesterday, I made it for the first time by following Chef Samina Jaleel Recipe. It turned out amazing.
Chane ki Daal ka Halwa Recipe is simple with common ingredients. The recipe calls for fresh milk balai, but if you don’t have then use 1 cup packet cream. Add ¼ cup water in cream and use it as mentioned in the recipe.
Chane ki Daal ka Halwa Step by Step Images
Main ingredients for the recipe are daal chena, sugar, milk, balai and desi ghee.
Soak daal chana in water for about 1 hour.
Mix ¼ cup water in balai, add daal chana.
Boil for 15 minutes.
It should be like this after grinding.
Melt desi ghee in a wok.
Add mixture in melted ghee.
Cook it by continually moving spoon.
Bhoonfying until changes the color.
Add sugar and mix.
Now add milk.
Cook it at medium high flame.
Until it leaves the edges.
Dish out in serving dish. Garnish with nuts.
Chane ki Daal ka Halwa by Chef Samina Jaleel
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour 40 mins
- Daal chana 1 cup
- Fresh balai (from milk) ½ cup
- Desi ghee ½ cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Milk ½ cup
- Green cardamom 3-4
- Mix nuts for garnish
- Soak daal chana in water for about 1 hour.
- Mix ¼ cup water in balai and boil lentil in this mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes then grind.
- Heat desi ghee in wok and pour ground daal in it.
- Stir fry on medium flame until color changes and an aroma arise about 15 minutes.
- Now add sugar, mix it and add milk.
- Add green cardamom.
- Again cook on medium high flame until milk dries and halwa leaves the pan.
- Pour halwa in serving dish, garnish with nuts and serve.