Chicken Shashlik is a popular dish across the world. This Recipe combines authentic flavors of the sweet and spicy marinade with succulent pieces of chicken.
The crispy onions and fresh bell peppers add a nice contrast to the tenderness of the chicken.
Chicken Shashlik with Chicken Fried Rice is one of my all time favorite dishes. 😀 It has a scrumptious taste must give it a try.
If you want to serve Chicken Shashlik with Egg Fried Rice then simply omit chicken from the recipe.
How to Make Chicken Shashlik
- Chicken 500 gm (cubed)
- Salt as required
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon (divided)
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon (divided)
- Soya sauce 4 teaspoons (divided)
- Capsicum 2 medium (cubed)
- Onion 1 medium (cubed)
- Garlic 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Ketchup 1 cup
- Tamarind juice 1/4 cup
- Vinegar 2 teaspoon
- Hot sauce 2 teaspoons
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Oil as required
- Corn flour 2 teaspoons (optional, mixed in water)
- Marinade chicken with ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper powder, ½ teaspoon red chili powder and 2 teaspoons soya sauce for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry chicken until soft. Remove in a plate.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to the same pan. Add minced garlic and sauté until gives an aroma. Now add tamarind juice, salt, vinegar, hot sauce, sugar, remaining black pepper powder, and red chili powder and ketchup. Stir well.
- When it starts to bubble, add water according to the thick gravy you want. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Then add cube capsicum and onion; cook for 5 minutes or until half cooked.
- Now add chicken and cook until vegetables are done.
- If you want thick gravy add corn flour paste.
- Dish it out and serve it with chicken fried rice.