If you’re a fan of delicious food that burst with flavor, then Chicken Shashlik should definitely be on your culinary radar.
Originating from Central Asia, this mouthwatering dish has captured the hearts and taste buds of food enthusiasts around the world.
Chicken Shashlik Recipe is a perfect blend of succulent chicken pieces, vibrant vegetables, and a tantalizing marinade that creates a symphony of flavors in every bite.
Chicken Shashlik paired with Chicken Fried Rice creates a delightful and delicious combination.
How to Make Chicken Shashlik
- Chicken 500 gm (cubed)
- Salt as required
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon (divided)
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon (divided)
- Soya sauce 4 teaspoons (divided)
- Capsicum 2 medium (cubed)
- Onion 1 medium (cubed)
- Garlic 1 teaspoon (minced)
- Ketchup 1 cup
- Tamarind juice 1/4 cup
- Vinegar 2 teaspoon
- Hot sauce 2 teaspoons
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Oil as required
- Corn flour 2 teaspoons (optional, mixed in water)
- Marinade chicken with ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper powder, ½ teaspoon red chili powder, and 2 teaspoons soya sauce for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry chicken until soft. Remove in a plate.
- Add 2 teaspoons oil to the same pan. Add minced garlic and sauté until gives an aroma. Now add tamarind juice, salt, vinegar, hot sauce, sugar, remaining black pepper powder, red chili powder, and ketchup. Stir well.
- When it starts to bubble, add water according to the thick gravy you want. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Then add cube capsicum and onion; cook for 5 minutes or until half cooked.
- Now add chicken and cook until vegetables are done.
- If you want thick gravy add corn flour paste.
- Dish it out and serve it with chicken fried rice.
Shashlik recipe is not only easy to prepare but also promises a burst of flavors that will leave your taste buds craving for more.