Chicken Shashlik with Chicken Fried Rice is one of my all time favorite dish. 😀 It has a scrumptious taste must give it a try. If you want to serve Chicken Shashlik with Egg Fried Rice then simply omit chicken from the recipe.
How to Make Chicken Shashlik
Recipe Type: Main Dish
- Chicken 500 gm (cubed)
- Salt as required
- Black pepper powder 1 tea spoon (divided)
- Red chili powder 1 tea spoon (divided)
- Soya sauce 4 tea spoons (divided)
- Capsicum 2 medium (cubed)
- Onion 1 medium (cubed)
- Garlic 1 tea spoon (minced)
- Ketchup 1 cup
- Tamarind juice 1/4 cup
- Vinegar 2 tea spoon
- Hot sauce 2 tea spoons
- Sugar 1 tea spoon
- Oil as required
- Corn flour 2 tea spoons (optional, mixed in water)
- Marinade chicken with ½ tea spoon salt, ½ tea spoon black pepper powder, ½ tea spoon red chili powder and 2 tea spoons soya sauce for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan and fry chicken until soft. Remove in a plate.
- Add 2 tea spoons oil in same pan. Add minced garlic and sauté until gives an aroma. Now add tamarind juice, salt, vinegar, hot sauce, sugar, remaining black pepper powder, and red chili powder and ketchup. Stir well.
- When it starts bubble, add water according to the thick gravy you want. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Then add cube capsicum and onion; cook for 5 minutes or until half cook.
- Now add chicken and cook until vegetables are done.
- If you want thick gravy add corn flour paste.
- Dish it out and serve with chicken fried rice.