The Dal Makhni is the king of all Dals. Authentic Punjabi dal recipe that tastes exactly the same as what is served in dhabas or restaurants. In this dal, the creamy taste comes from adding cream and butter to the dal.
Also Try: Chanay Ki Dal Gosht
Dhaba Dal Makhani
- Green gram 250 gm (soaked for 5 mins in 1 cup water)
- Oil ¼ cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Tomato 1 blended
- Tomato paste 1 tbsp
- Cream 2 tbsp
- Butter 2 ounce + 1 ounce
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Cumin (roasted & crushed) ½ tsp
- Coriander powder ½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Coriander (chopped) as required
- Green chilies (chopped) as required
- Boil green gram in the same water with ½ tsp haldi until soft and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add ginger garlic paste, fry well.
- Add blended tomatoes and tomato paste and fry.
- Add boiled green gram with cream, cook for 2 mins and remove.
- In another saucepan add 2-ounce butter, add all dry spices, and roast until an aroma arises about 30 seconds.
- Add this to the lentil, now put this lentil back to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove in a handi or serving bowl, top with 1-ounce butter and chopped greens, serve with nan.