Fatayer is an Arabic pie and this is made in different shapes. This Arabic Fatayer is in shape of mince boat that is filled with cheesy mince. A well presented food in kid’s party and any other occasion.
This is a tried and tested recipe of my friend Nadia. So make it without any worries.
How to Make Arabic Fatayer (Mince Boats)
- Onion 1 (chopped)
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Chicken mince 250gms
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Zaatar (Arabic herb) 1tsp (Optional)
- Tomato ketchup 4 tbsp
- Mozzarella cheese 2 tbsp
- Flour 2 cups
- Salt ½ tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Instant yeast 1 tsp (heaped)
- Nido milk powder 2 tbsp
- Fry onion in oil till golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste along with the mince, fry till water dries.
- Now add red chili powder, salt, cumin powder, garam masala powder and vinegar.
- Cover & simmer for 10 minutes or until mince is tender.
- Let it to cool on room temperature then add ketchup, mozzarella cheese & Zaatar. Filling is ready.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl & knead soft dough with lukewarm water. Leave it to rise for an hour.
- Punch down the dough. Now make small size equal balls. Roll out into an oval shaped. Place 1 tbsp mince on each boat. Lift the pointed edges & press to make a boat shape.
- Now apply egg wash. No need for second proofing.
- Bake them direct in a preheated oven at 180’C for 12 to 15 minutes or till golden.