A super delicious, spicy and Crispy Fried Chicken. I got this recipe from food network but I modify it according to my taste. The turn out of crispy chicken recipe is excellent. I am sharing here my modified recipe. I am sure everyone who will eat it, will must ask how you made it. Serve delicious fried chicken with Tamarind Sauce.
How to Make Crispy Fried Chicken (Southern Fried Chicken)
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup water
- 1- ½ cup hot red pepper sauce
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 kg chicken (cut into pieces)
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Oil, for frying
- In a medium size bowl, beat the eggs with the water. Add enough hot sauce so the egg mixture is bright orange.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and pepper.
- Season the chicken with Salt & black pepper; keep a side for one hour.
- Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot.
- Fry the Chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. It should take around 8 to 10 minutes to tender.
- I serve this crispy fried chicken with Tamarind Sauce and French Fries.