Yakhni Wala Pulao is a yummy dinner idea and one of delicate dish that I love to eat any time 😀 no matter this is made of chicken or mutton. Especially I like the taste of my mother’s hand, she makes it so delicious.
I am sharing, my mother’s Mutton Pulao recipe, try it you will love the taste. This recipe is with mutton, but you can replace it with chicken too. When you will cook it with chicken then meat tenderizing time will reduce. Perfect to serve at weekend, Eid or party. You can serve Mutton Pulav with any of your favorite raita.
Also Check Chicken Tikka Pulao Recipe
Yakhni Wala Pulao Recipe
Mutton Pulao (Yakhni Wala Pulao)
- Rice ½ kg (soaked)
- Mutton with bones 1 kg
- Whole dry coriander 2 tea spoons
- Onions 3 medium (thinly sliced, divided)
- Garlic 7 cloves (crushed with skin)
- Salt to taste
- Clarified butter ½ cup
- Green chilies 8 medium (rough chopped)
- Red chili ½ tea spoon
- Yogurt ½ cup
- White cumin 1 tea spoon
- Water as required
- In a muslin cloth tie whole dry coriander, 1 sliced onion, and garlic.
- Add 6 glass water in a deep cooking pan. Put mutton, salt and tie ingredients and cook until mutton almost done and 3 glasses stock left.
- Now take out muslin cloth, separate meat and stock.
- Wash the cooking pan, fry remaining onions in clarified butter until dark brown.
- Next add green chilies, red chili, and yogurt; mix nicely then add mutton.
- Stir fry about 4 minutes, now add stock and allow boiling. Add rice in boiling water (check salt) and cook until three quarter done.
- Sprinkle white cumin and simmer about 12 minutes.
- Mutton Yakhni Wala Palao is ready.