This is an exciting soup recipe and you must love it. First time I taste this soup from RangMahal area in Lahore. I really fall in love with the soup for two reasons.
First, it has no vegetables in it, and second, it has boiled eggs in it. One more noticeable thing was, instead of shredded chicken, the soup was loaded with chopped chicken.
You Might Love to Try 10 Yummy Soup Recipes
So, here is my version of Pakistani Street Style Soup. Must try it and share your feedback in the comments.
- Chicken 300 gms (use chicken with bones)
- Water 6 cups
- Garlic cloves 2
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Salt to taste
- Vinegar ¼ cup
- Chili garlic sauce 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder ½ tsp
- Corn flour ¼ cup (mixed in ¼ cup water)
- Egg 1 (beaten)
- Boiled eggs 4 (sliced)
- Soya sauce
- Chili sauce
- White vinegar
- Black pepper powder
- Pour 6 glasses of water into a pan and add the chicken, garlic, ginger, and salt. Let the stock boil for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the stock and keep it aside, discard the garlic and ginger pieces.
- Now remove the meat from the bones. Let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Then chop the chicken. Keep it aside.
- Pour the stock into the cooking pan. Add chopped chicken. Mix it. (use a whisk, if there are any lumps of chopped chicken).
- Put the pan on the stove and add vinegar, and chili garlic sauce, and let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Check the salt at this point and adjust it.
- Slowly add the cornflour mixture into the soup and keep stirring until the cornflour is well dissolved.
- Let the soup boil until it thickens slightly.
- You may add more cornflour mixture if you want it thicker.
- Allow it to cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Now pour the beaten egg into the soup and keep stirring continuously. Keep boil for about 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Now pour soup into serving bowls. Set boiled egg slices on top. One egg per serving.
- Serve immediately with sauces and seasonings.