Patakha Chicken is an amazing recipe and specialty of Nathiagali. If you visit that splendid place, you can’t return without eating it. The recipe got its name “Patakha” because it’s super spicy and has a tantalizing taste.
Best Patakha Chicken Recipe
Author: Nida Waqar
Prep time: 3 hour
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 3 hours 30 mins
- Chicken 1 (1200-1500 gram)
- Lemon juice 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Garlic cloves 6 (finely chopped, not paste)
- Red chili flakes 6 tbsps
- Oil for shallow fry
- Cut the chicken breast bone in half lengthwise and flatten the chicken.
- Prick the meat all over with a fork.
- Pour lemon juice on both sides.
- Add salt and garlic and rub it all over the chicken.
- Then take 4tbsp chili flakes and apply it to the top (where there’s more meat) and the rest of the two tbsp at the back.
Marinate for 2 hours or preferably overnight.
- To fry the chicken, heat oil in a large pan, shallow fry chicken on medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and fry from the other side for 10 minutes.
- Take it out, strain the oil and strain leftover chili flakes and serve with chicken.
- If your chicken is bigger, you may need to fry it for longer.
- Serve with naan, fried potatoes, lemon, and raita.
You Might Love to Try: Grilled Chicken Strips Recipe