Daal makhni is a tempting version of daal recipes. According to Chef Mehboob he ate it in Dubai restaurant. He liked the taste so he is sharing it with viewers.
In this recipe, chicken stock is used which you can make by using the chicken cubes. There is also used degi mirch but don’t be afraid that it turns the lentil spicy. No, this is just for taste and color.
The secret ingredient of this recipe is red beans. You can keep them whole or break them. Must try Dal Makhni recipe by Chef Mehboob.
Quick Dal Makhani Recipe
Author: Chef Mehboob
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- Boiled split yellow lentils 1-1/2 cups (dal massor)
- Red beans ½ cup (boiled)
- Oil ¼ cup
- Onion 2 (chopped)
- Garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes 3 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp
- Red chili powder
- Degi mirch paste 2 tbsp
- Cumin 1 tbsp
- Crushed coriander 1 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Chicken stock 1 liter
- Cream 1 cup
- Fenugreek leaves 1 tbsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion with ginger garlic paste. (It should not brown)
- Now add tomatoes and cook for some time until tomatoes get soft.
- Then add lentil, turmeric, red chili powder, Kashmiri mirch paste, cumin, crushed coriander, and chicken stock.
- Cover and leave to cook until lentil soft.
- Now add boiled red beans and (remove from heat and add cream) cream. Adjust thickness.
- Add dry fenugreek leaves, garam masala powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with cream and serve.