There’s nothing like a fresh salad to start a meal or for a lighter bite. Salads are perfect to add more nutrition in your diet. All these salad recipes are tempting and budget friendly.
8 Quick Salad Recipes
Explore delicious and Quick Salad Recipes, everyone in your family will happy to eat them. This is a list of many of the best salads I’ve prepared over the years.
1- Fruit and Nuts Salad
Fruits and Nuts Salad is a refreshing salad by Chef Zakir with a delicious taste. This salad is just a love. You can also serve it as side dish as well in your menu.
- Apple 2 (cubed)
- Banana 1 (sliced)
- Pineapple chunks ½ cup
- Kiwi 1 (sliced)
- Almonds ¼ cup (roughly chopped)
- Pistachio ¼ cup (roughly chopped)
- Walnuts ¼ cup (roughly chopped)
- Cream 4 tbsp
- Mayo 2 tbsp
- Put all fruits and nuts in a mixing bowl.
- Add cream and mayo and mix gently. Cool and serve.
NotesYou can use fruits of your choice but use fresh seasonal fruits.
2- Coleslaw Salad
Coleslaw Salad is often served with different snacks and it is really tasty in eating. Here is the perfect and easy recipe of Coleslaw Salad that is made by Chef Shireen Anwar.
- Cabbage 3 cups (finely chopped into small cubes)
- Carrots 1 cup (finely chopped into tiny cubes)
- Sugar 2 tbsp heaped
- Salt 1 tsp
- White pepper ½ tsp
- White vinegar 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream 4 tbsp
- Mayonnaise ½ tbsp
- Mix all above ingredients in a bowl.
- Chill and serve with burger or sandwich.
3- Potato and Nuts Salad
A tempting and hearty nut salad with boiled potato. You can add nuts of your choice in this salad. A protein rich salad for your lunch.
- Potato 3 boil (cubed)
- Carrot 2 (cubed)
- Cashew nuts 1/2 cup (roughly chopped)
- Pistachio 1/2 cup (roughly chopped)
- Almond 1/2 cup (roughly chopped)
- Mayonnaise /fresh cream 2 tbsp
- Salt, black pepper for seasoning
- Tomato for garnishing
- Add together potato, carrot, cashew nuts, pistachio and almonds in a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise or fresh cream.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix nicely, garnish with tomato and serve cold.
4- Pineapple Upside Down Salad
Pineapple Upside Down Salad is a great and a twisted salad that you will must like.
- Pineapple slices 1 can undrained
- Cherry halves 6
- Pineapple jelly 1 packet dissolved in ¾ cup water
- Cream 4 tbsp whipped
- Cream cheese 4 tbsp
- Curd cheese 4 tbsp
- Mayonnaise 4 tbsp
- Pineapple tidbits ½ cup
- Fruit cocktail 1 cup
- Sugar 2 tbsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Gelatin 2 tbsp (dissolved in ¼ cup pineapple syrup)
- Grease your mould very well with oil, fix pineapple and cherries at bottom.
- Dissolve jelly in water, pour on top of pineapple slices.
- Beat together cream, cream cheese, curd cheese, and mayonnaise, fold in pineapple tidbits, fruit cocktail, sugar, salt, dissolve gelatin, mix all well.
- Pour on top of set jell-o, freeze till done, over turn and serve.
5- Fattoush Salad
Fattoush is a basically Lebanese salad made with vegetables and crispy pita bread. It can be served as a light meal. This is a tried and tested recipe.
- Romaine Lettuce/Iceburg Lettuce 4 cups
- Diced Tomatoes 1 cup
- Diced red peppers 1 cup
- Diced yellow bell peppers 1 cup
- Diced orange bell peppers 1 cup
- Diced red onions ½ cup
- Chopped green onions ½ cup
- Parsley 1 cup
- Diced radishes 1 cup
- Diced cucumbers 1 cup
- Dried mint leaves 2 TBSP
- Sumac 1 Tbsp
- Pita chips 1 cup
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Salt & black pepper for seasoning
- Toss the veggies together. Add the salad dressing and the Pita Chips. Mix well. Top with some grilled chicken if desired. Serve immediately.
Mix together dress ingredients.
You could make your own pita chips by baking a pita bread in the oven on 350*F for 10 minutes or until crisp. Let it cool for a few minutes. Break into small pieces and use.
Image & Recipe Courtesy Wajeha Babar
6- Fruit and Macaroni Salad
This is my personal recipe and I make this salad when we have special dinner at home. Must try fantastic Fruit and Macaroni quick salad recipe. Ingredients
- Chicken 1/2 cup (boiled+shredded)
- Macaroni 1 cup (boiled)
- Apple 2 (cubed)
- Pineapple 1 cup (cubed)
- Peas ½ cup (boiled)
- Cream 4-6 tbsp
- Mayonnaise 4 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Strawberry for garnishing
- Put chicken, macaroni, apple, pineapple and peas in a bowl.
- In small bowl mix cream and mayonnaise.
- Put cream mixture in fruits, season with salt and black pepper.
- Toss gently, garnish with strawberries; chill and serve.
7- Cashew Chicken salad
A healthy and delicious Cashew Chicken Salad. Follow the easy recipe.
- Pasta 2 cups
- Brown sugar 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice 3 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Black pepper ¼ tsp
- Cream 2 cups
- Salt 1 pinch
- Chopped celery 2 cups
- Chopped green capsicum 1/2 cup
- Chopped onion 1
- Boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed 3
- Cashews 1 cup
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In large bowl, combine brown sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, black pepper, cream, and salt. Toss dressing mixture with cooked pasta, celery, capsicum, onion and chicken.
- Chill until ready to serve. Mix in cashews just before serving.
8- Cold Pasta Salad
Pasta is quick and easy to make. Cold Pasta Salad is one of best and healthy dessert that your can eat in lunch time as well. Delicious Italian dressing make it more desirable.
- Pasta 2 cups
- Cucumber 1 (chopped)
- Onion 1 small (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes 2 (quartered)
- Pitted black olives 1/4 cup (sliced)
- Italian-style salad dressing 1 cup
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the pasta and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and cool by running cold water over the pasta in a colander set in the sink.
- Combine cooked and cooled pasta with the cucumber, onion, tomatoes, and olives in a large bowl.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving