Schezwan Frankie is a mouthwatering street food belongs from Bangkok, Thailand. Now, this is the world’s most famous street food and the most loved snack all over the world. All regions have their own version of the recipe.
Frankies are wraps filled with a chicken mixture, topped with cheese and different chutneys. This meal is quick and easy to prepare and also filling, so it’s good for kids and adults alike. A perfect snack to serve at Ramadan iftars and hi-teas.
Schezwan Cheese Frankie Recipe
- Flour 2 cups
- Oil ½ cup
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Boneless chicken ½ kg
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Tandoori masala 1 tbsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Dried fenugreek leaves 1 tsp
- Chopped garlic 1 tsp
- Ketchup 5 tbsp
- Chili sauce 3 tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tsp
- Schezwan sauce 2 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Eggs 4
- Milk ½ cup
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Grated cheese 1 cup
- Chat masala as required
- Chopped onion 1 cup
- Oil as required
For Flat Bread
- Knead flour, oil, and salt, mix well to form crumbs, add water to knead a soft dough.
- Keep covered for 30 mins.
- Roll into roties (flatbread), grill on tawa, just for 2 seconds on each side, and remove.
- Keep the roties (flatbread) covered.
- Boil boneless chicken with ginger garlic paste, tandoori masala, salt, dried fenugreek leaves till done and leave little stock.
- Shred the chicken into chunks.
- Keep aside the stock.
- In a wok heat 2 tbsp oil, add chopped garlic, fry for 1 min, add ketchup, chili sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, schezwan sauce, sugar and black pepper, fry well.
- Add stock, bring to boil, add chopped chicken, cook till dry, lastly add some chopped coriander.
- In a bowl beat eggs with milk, salt, pepper, and coriander, keep aside.
- In a pan put oil, a big spoon full of egg, place a roti on top, cook well on both sides till egg is completely cooked.
- Remove in a plate, place the chicken filling in a line, and sprinkle some chat masala on top followed by some chopped onion and coriander.
- Finally add 3 tbsp grated cheese on the top, roll, and serve immediately.