The weekend calls for a special menu so made these Spicy Grilled Chicken Strips Recipe by using a grill pan. Grilling naturally lets you eat less oil. As you cook, the extra fat drips down into the grooves.
I made these strips in a desi style and use karahi masala. I usually make karahi masala in bulk and keep using it in different recipes.
Sometimes these grilled strips work well in sandwiches, rolls, or wraps with sauce and vegetable fillings. You can freeze them and can take out small portions whenever needed for a grab and go lunch.
Get karahi masala recipe, this yields almost 41/2 tsp to 5 tsp. You can use less quantity if don’t want spicy.
Also See: Simple Grilled Chicken Steak
Easy Grilled Chicken Strips
- Chicken 1 kg (cut into strips)
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red button chilies 12-14 (adjust the hotness according to your taste)
- Cumin seeds (zeera) 1 tbsp
- Coriander seeds (dhania) 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tbsp (can use less)
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp or vinegar 2 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required for grilling
- First cut the chicken in strips.
- Grind red chilies, cumin and coriander and black pepper into a coarse powder.
- Marinate the chicken with ground masala, ginger garlic paste, oil and lemon.
- Let it marinate for one to two hours or over night.
- Heat grill to medium high. Brush or spray grill lightly with oil.
- Put chicken on hot grill, cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- I have a grill press so I used that too to give good color to strips.
- Serve hot.
Source: Foodie Haven